This is a reposting of an article I originally wrote on my Developing for Dynamics GP blog.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Support Debugging Tool is now GP Power Tools from Winthrop Development Consultants (http://winthropdc.com/GPPT)
It has been a while since Support Debugging Tool Build 16 was released back in January 2012.
While I have not been able to invest much time in adding new features to the Support Debugging Tool (SDT), I have been able to fix a few issues which have been reported by the community.
So, I felt that it would be worth releasing this updated code as the Build 16 Hotfix (Last Modified: 12-Jul-2012). This hotfix consolidates on the previous Build 16 release fixing about 15 issues which will make the SDT even better.
Below is a summary of the changes made:
- Fixed keyboard shortcuts on Runtime Execute and SQL Execute windows for Execute Button, now Alt-E or Ctrl-E.
- Fixed issue with Cache tables when writing to path with a period (.) in it.
- Fixed Resource Explorer Exporting showing “[Not Found]” for blank columns on display.
- Fixed logging of Smartlist related security errors causing logs to grow. Now errors will only be logged if the Security Profiler is open.
- Fixed Export File Names from Security Information Resources window to represent data being exported rather than current user and company.
- Fixed Resource Explorer so that it does not generate an error when checking the number records in a table that does not exist in SQL Server.
- Fixed Dictionary Control being applied to incorrect dictionaries when Dictionary ID is contained within a Dictionary ID of an enabled product.
- Fixed Dictionary Control being disabled for non “after login” settings when starting Automatic Debugger Mode or Manual Logging Mode.
- Added updated Status column on Security Profiler to display when the Status value has been changed from standard settings by Dictionary Control.
- Updated Automatic Debugger Mode when using Automatic Start to compress User/Company data by storing All User or All Company records.
- Changed non dictionary Security Object access denied messages to be treated as warnings by the Security Profiler Automatic Open mode.
- Fixed Illegal Address error from Security_Profiler_Other_POST script which could sometimes occur when switching companies.
- Disabled Automatic Debugger Mode Status hyperlink on main Support Debugging Tool window when access to the window is not available.
- Added separator to Options menu on main Support Debugging Tool window to match the Debugger menu on the window.
If you have the Support Debugging Tool installed on your Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 or Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 (v11.0) system, please update all workstations to this latest build which is date stamped as Last Modified: 12-Jul-2012. Just install by extracting the contents of the archive file into the application folder and launching Dynamics GP once using “Run as Administrator”.
If you don’t have the Support Debugging Tool installed on your Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 or Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 (v11.0) system, please install it on all workstations using latest build which is date stamped as Last Modified: 12-Jul-2012. Just install by extracting the contents of the archive file into the application folder and launching Dynamics GP once using “Run as Administrator”.
Note: Make sure to follow the steps in the User Guide PDF to setup the Recommended Configuration and to activate SQL Profile Tracing and Macro Logging.
For more information, please see the GP Power Tools portal, which replaced the Support Debugging Tool Portal.
Please post your feedback on what you think of this build and what you would like to see in the future.
Thanks to the community members that reported the issues and tested the hotfix. Thanks also to Kelly Youells for getting the files and PartnerSource pages updated.
16-May-2013: Updated More Information and Downloads to link to Support Debugging Tool Portal page.
This article was originally posted on the Developing for Dynamics GP Blog and has been reposted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.