This is a reposting of an article I originally wrote on my Developing for Dynamics GP blog.
Tim Gordon from AlphaSOFT has released a new build of his great DexSense tool.
Here is a list of some of the changes made:
- Improved the stability of the COM interop (was causing crashes on some systems, specifically Windows 8)
- Improved stability of the p/invoke calls – some were interfering with each other under certain circumstances during callbacks from Dex, causing DexSense to freeze
- Improved local variable support (although additional improvements are coming, at the moment you need to press enter on a local variable declaration in order to refresh locals)
- Added an automatic updater system (with daily/weekly/monthly checks)
- Added the ability to customize the colors used on the interface
- Tested against Support Debugging Tool in GP2013
- Fixed a problem causing the mouse wheel to scroll in both Dexterity and the intellisense window at the same time
- Tested against Windows XP – the UAC implementation for Vista and above had the potential to interfere with XP
Please go to the product page below and download the latest version:
For more information have a look at the previous articles on this blog:
- IntelliSense for Dexterity – Ask and you shall receive
- IntelliSense for Dexterity – DexSense 1.8 released
If you are a Dexterity developer and you are not already using this awesome free tool, go download it now.
Thanks Tim for all your hard work.
This article was originally posted on the Developing for Dynamics GP Blog and has been reposted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.