This is a time for Australians to reflect on how lucky we are to live in the “Lucky Country”. For many it is also a time to relax with the family on the public holiday.
For the last few years, it has also been used as a great time to promote having a party with friends and cooking lamb chops on the BBQ.
Meat & Livestock Australia have been releasing a funny advert each year for this purpose and have outdone themselves with this year’s offering.
Cast of Australian characters and personalities:
- Captain James Cook (Discovered east coast of Australia)
- Richie Benaud (Cricket player and now commentator)
- Burke & Wills (Early Australian Explorers)
- Ned Kelly (Australian bushranger/highwayman of Irish descent)
- Don Bradman (Cricket legend, The Don)
- Ita Buttrose (Magazine and Media Icon)
- The Twelfth Man (Comedian who parodies Cricket)
- Sam Kekovich (Aussie Rules Football player and sports Commentator)
Check out my post from a couple of years back: Off Topic: Australia Day 2012 Eat Lamb Campaign.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.