The training will run in the week following the reIMAGINE 2016 conference and will be located at the Axentit offices in Mexico City from Monday 26th September 2016 to Friday 30th September 2016.
After this course I will be running the Dexterity Fundamentals Training in Tampa, Florida in the week before GPUG Summit 2016.
Below is some draft information on the training, however, the agenda might change as I will be getting feedback on specific topics that the attendees would like covered.
Dexterity II (Dexterity Advanced Integration Techniques)
The Dexterity II course is designed to build upon the skills acquired from the Dexterity I course. It will provide advanced knowledge necessary to build applications that are tightly integrated with Microsoft Dynamics GP. The class will focus on building integrations associated with maintenance windows, transaction windows, inquiry windows and reports. In addition, topics such as creating SQL data and upgrading applications will also be discussed.
By actively participating in this class, you will learn:
- Advanced programming techniques used by Microsoft Dynamics GP to develop Dynamics GP modules
- How to develop add-on applications that will interact with the Dynamics GP products to meet specific customer requests
- How to develop add-on applications that will “look and feel” like Dynamics GP and provide a seamless interface between the applications to ensure a professional finished product
Who should attend?
Customers or Partners who will be customizing or building applications to integrate with the Dynamics GP products.
- A basic understanding of Dynamics GP is also needed.
- Hands on development experience with Dexterity, preferably Dexterity I training course.
- Familiarity with the Dynamics Software Developer Kit.
Monday to Friday (5 days) 8:30-5:30 each day
Introductions and Overview
Maintenance Window Integration Project
– Using the Great Plains Note object
– Using companion tables
– Implementing triggers to synchronize data
– Creating SQL Tables
– Pass through SQL
Transaction Entry Window Integration Project
– Adding fields to an existing scrolling window
– Implementing triggers for data manipulation
Inquiry Window Integration Project
– Modify existing inquiry window
– Create a new inquiry window
– Working with temporary tables
– Modifying existing reports to add 3rd party data
– Using calculated fields and Report Writer functions
– Building a Report Options window
– Building a Report Options window (continued)
– Table Conversions
– Installation scripts – adding to a palette, setting security, and adding to the shortcut bar
Error Handling and Debugging
The above agenda is a guideline and might be re-organised to fit additional topics if time allows.
To register your interest, so you are notified once more details are available, please contact Mariano Arias via email marias at axentit dot com dot mx.
Hope to see you there.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.