While you are organising your trip to Nashville for GPUG Summit 2017, how about coming in a week early to spend 5 days with me learning Dexterity, the development tool on which Microsoft Dynamics GP is built.
GPUG Academy will be offering Dexterity Fundamentals training in the week prior to GPUG Summit 2017 in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
The training will run from Monday 2nd October 2017 to Friday 6th October 2017 and will be held at the Hyatt Place Nashville Opryland (across the street from the Gaylord Opryland and complimentary shuttle from the Gaylord). GPUG Summit 2017 will be held in the following week at the Gaylord Opryland Resort on the 10th to 13th October 2017.
Below are details of the Dexterity Fundamentals training class:
Dexterity I (Dexterity Product Fundamentals)
Dexterity I will teach you about the development environment used to build the Microsoft Dynamics GP family of products. This course will provide you with the foundation you need to build integrated, database-independent applications. In addition, you will learn how to provide powerful application functionality for Dynamics.
By actively participating in this class, you will learn:
- Basic programming techniques used by Microsoft Dynamics GP to develop their core modules
- How to modify existing Dynamics GP forms and reports in order to make customizations for customers
- How to develop add-on applications that will interact with the Dynamics GP products to meet specific requests by customers
- How to package and ship your dictionary allowing Microsoft Dynamics GP to make updates to Dynamics GP without affecting the developer’s dictionary
- How to register your product with Microsoft Dynamics GP using a unique Product ID to ensure no duplication of add-on applications with the same name
- How to develop add-on applications that will “look and feel” like Dynamics GP and provide seamless interface between the applications to ensure a professional finished product
- How to use object triggers, which are scripts in your applications that are invoked by events in Dynamics GP, allowing several developers to deliver enhancements to the same Dynamics GP form
Who should attend?
Customers or Partners who will be customizing or building add-on or standalone applications to integrate with the Dynamics GP products. Also great for Developers working with Visual Studio Tools who want to understand the internal workings of Dynamics GP.
Prior to attending the course, it is highly recommended that students prepare for the course by going through the Dexterity Quick Start reference manual and working through the lessons in this manual. The Quick Start manual is installed with Dexterity and can be found under the Help-Online Manuals option from within Dexterity. Dexterity is located in the tools folder in the Dynamics GP DVD image.
Monday to Friday (5 days) 8:00-5:00 each day
Introductions and Overview
Dexterity Resources and Components
Create Basic Data Entry Project
Complete Basic Data Entry Project
Create Basic Lookup Project
Create Multi-user Data Entry Project
Complete Multi-user Data Entry Project
Create Transaction Entry Project
Complete Transaction Entry Project
Dynamics Integration Project
Additional Resources and Topics
The above agenda is a guideline and might be re-organised to fit additional topics if time allows.
Click on the image below to register:
Hope to see you there.
PS: Contact me if are coming to the class and want to know where I am staying for the week of the class.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.