Once I have everything updated, I usually Compile All to make sure that all the code is compiled and that there are no compile time errors. Don’t want any of those pesky “FP: Script Not Found” errors you get if you have saved but not compiled a script.
What I found was that when I was running compile all on multiple instances of Dexterity at the same time, Windows 10 was not fully utilizing the processing power of my machine. I also noticed that the instance which actually had focus would compile faster than the other instances.
A little bit of research and I found some Windows settings which needed to be disabled to provide better performance (and probably worse battery life). But as I am normally plugged in on mains power while developing, I did not see battery life as an issue.
So, here are the steps:
- Select Start >> Settings
- Click System >> Battery
- Under the Battery percentage, click Battery usage by app
- Change the Show drop down list to “All apps”
- Locate the first instance of Dexterity Development Environment
- Click on the instance
- Turn off “Let Windows decide when this app can run in the background”
- Turn off “Reduce the work the app can do when it’s in the background”
- Repeat for the remaining instances of Dexterity Development Environment
- Then repeat for instances of Dexterity Utilities
Here is a screenshot of the settings.
For more information, also see:
- Solving Performance Problems with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Windows 10 – Part 1
- Solving Performance Problems with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Windows 10 – Part 2
Hope you find this helpful
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.