Winthrop Development Consultants is pleased to announce the release of Visual Studio Integration Toolkit (VSIT) Build 13 for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
This build incorporates changes to the underlying Registration and Update Check systems required for the transition in distribution channel to Winthrop Development Consultants. It also includes a few bug fixes.
This build needs to be installed on all workstations at all customer sites before their current subscriptions expire to ensure a smooth change over of registration systems. Install over the top of the existing build, no need to uninstall.
Build 13 of Visual Studio Integration Toolkit is available for the following Microsoft Dynamics GP versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 (v11.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and GP 2013 R2 (v12.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 and GP 2015 R2 (v14.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and GP 2016 R2 (v16.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 (v18.0)
Updated Registration System
The registration system for the previous build (build 12) was already updated to use Winthrop’s registration server back in November 2017. Winthrop’s registration server allows the system administrator for the customer site to make sure that their contact details are correct. Please note that the email address in the contact details must be a unique, valid email for the customer (and not a partner email address) as it is used to link the customer to their subscriptions.
New features for the Winthrop registration system with this build include:
- Support for Proxy Servers. If a connection to the internet requires a proxy server, those settings can be entered into the registration system.
- Improved support for Offline registration for systems which cannot be connected to the internet.
- Support for Sub Sites for hosting partners using a SPLA license with Microsoft where a single set of Microsoft Dynamics GP registration keys is used by multiple customers.
- Fixed an issue when the free subscription does not automatically renew until it has actually expired. Now it will renew the subscription before any expiry warning dialogs are displayed.
Updated Automatic Update Check System
The Automatic Update Check system (available from the Options menu on the About window) has been updated to add the following features:
- The ability to skip a version by selecting not to be notified again for the current update.
- There is now a link to the version history documentation so you can see what changes have been made in the new and previous builds.
- The download link now goes directly to the appropriate download page and section instead of going to the portal site.
For more information and download links, please see the Visual Studio Integration Toolkit Portal page:
Please post comments and feedback.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.
5 thoughts on “#VSIT Visual Studio Integration Toolkit build 13 released”