I will be heading to Johannesburg, South Africa soon for the User Group World Tour 2019 conference organised by Dynamic Communities.
After the conference I have been asked by a customer to run Dexterity Training for some of their staff and so this has been planned to run in the week following the conference. Additional, but limited room, is available at this training and so I am opening this up to any partner or customer who can attend.
Dexterity is the development environment that Microsoft Dynamics GP is built on and the best tool to use for any customisation to the user interface of the product. Knowledge of Dexterity is vital for anyone customising Dynamics GP even when using other languages such as C#, VB.Net and even VBA (Visual Basic for Application).
This training is being offered at a special reduced price and I cannot guarantee that there will be another opportunity to receive this training in the region or at this price.
I will be presenting Dexterity Fundamentals training from Monday 17th June 2019 to Friday 21st June 2019 at the venue Thirdspace at Fourways which is close to the conference hotel, SunSquare Montecasino.
Below are details of the Dexterity Fundamentals training class:
Dexterity I (Dexterity Product Fundamentals)
Dexterity I will teach you about the development environment used to build the Microsoft Dynamics GP family of products. This course will provide you with the foundation you need to build integrated, database-independent applications. In addition, you will learn how to provide powerful application functionality for Dynamics.
By actively participating in this class, you will learn:
- Basic programming techniques used by Microsoft Dynamics GP to develop their core modules
- How to modify existing Dynamics GP forms and reports in order to make customizations for customers
- How to develop add-on applications that will interact with the Dynamics GP products to meet specific requests by customers
- How to package and ship your dictionary allowing Microsoft Dynamics GP to make updates to Dynamics GP without affecting the developer’s dictionary
- How to register your product with Microsoft Dynamics GP using a unique Product ID to ensure no duplication of add-on applications with the same name
- How to develop add-on applications that will “look and feel” like Dynamics GP and provide seamless interface between the applications to ensure a professional finished product
- How to use object triggers, which are scripts in your applications that are invoked by events in Dynamics GP, allowing several developers to deliver enhancements to the same Dynamics GP form
Who should attend?
Customers or Partners who will be customizing or building add-on or standalone applications to integrate with the Dynamics GP products. Also great for Developers working with Visual Studio Tools who want to understand the internal workings of Dynamics GP.
Prior to attending the course, it is highly recommended that students prepare for the course by going through the Dexterity Quick Start reference manual and working through the lessons in this manual. The Quick Start manual is installed with Dexterity and can be found under the Help-Online Manuals option from within Dexterity. Dexterity is located in the tools folder in the Dynamics GP DVD image.
Monday to Friday (5 days) 8:00-5:00 each day
Introductions and Overview
Dexterity Resources and Components
Create Basic Data Entry Project
Complete Basic Data Entry Project
Create Basic Lookup Project
Create Multi-user Data Entry Project
Complete Multi-user Data Entry Project
Create Transaction Entry Project
Complete Transaction Entry Project
Dynamics Integration Project
Additional Resources and Topics
The above agenda is a guideline and might be re-organised to fit additional topics if time allows.
To register your interest please use the contact us form at link below:
Note: Attendees will need to bring a laptop with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Dynamics GP (working with sample Fabrikam company) installed locally. Dexterity will be installed during the training. Customers can use the same version of SQL and GP as they use in-house.
Please contact us soon to avoid missing out on this great opportunity.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.