We have previously run this training as two half day courses, but it worked best when students attended both the morning and afternoon sessions. So, this year we have decided to run the training as a single full day course on Monday 14th October 2019.
GP Power Tools is the ultimate add on for Microsoft Dynamics GP to improve the experience of Administrators, Consultants, Developers and Users. It has features that will benefit all users of GP regardless of the level of the technical experience.
To get an understanding of what GP Power Tools can do for you and how it can solve your pain points, check out the Benefits Presentation.
To get a more in depth look at GP Power Tools, including what’s new in build 26 and build 27, whether you are an existing user or not, come to the workshop day.
In the morning we will be covering the Installation, System Features and the Administrator Tools module. Then in the afternoon we will be covering the Database Tools and Developer Tools modules.
Leveraging GP Power Tools
GP Power Tools from Winthrop Development Consultants is a powerful suite of tools to help you support, administer and customize your Microsoft Dynamics GP system.
This workshop will introduce all the features of the latest builds of GP Power Tools and explain the benefits of each. We will cover the features of all four of the modules so that you have a full understanding of what the tool is capable of and how it can solve your pain points. The modules of GP Power Tools are:
- System Features module
- Administrator Tools module
- Developer Tools module
- Database Tools module
We will cover topics such as; identifying resources (windows, tables, fields, etc.), resolving application security issues, setting up deny based security, capturing screenshots and logs, troubleshooting the cause of an issue, controlling Dex.ini settings and even avoiding issues by color coding companies.
We will also cover the scripting and programming capabilities of the tools, showing how it can be used to customize the system and fix issues. Also, we will explore the Database Validation feature to understand how this will help ensure your system is in “tip top” shape and so avoid upgrade issues.
David Musgrave, the developer, will guide you through the installation process and use of the tools. You will learn what the recommended configuration is and how to set up the tools to get the most out of it.
- Installing GP Power Tools.
- Setting up GP Power Tools to get the most out of it.
- Identifying dictionary resources and security objects.
- Capturing Screenshots and logs from the system.
- Reviewing and changing security access.
- Using Deny Based Security to control security and hide menus.
- Troubleshooting issues with customizations.
- Centrally controlling Dex.ini settings.
- Usability features such as Company Color Themes and Window Position Memory.
- How to use Database Validation to fix potential upgrade problems before they occur.
- How to export and import data as XML files.
- How to use Advanced Trigger Mode to track down issues.
- How to use triggers to create customizations.
- How to write scripts in a variety of scripting languages.
- How to create user interfaces to your scripts with parameter lists.
- How to create custom report writer functions to retrieve data from any source.
The above agenda is a guideline and might be re-organised to fit additional topics if time allows.
Click on the link below to see the schedule:
To register follow the direct link below:
Winthrop Development Consultants have secured a unique coupon code which can be used to receive a 10% discount on new paid User Membership AND customer registrations for User Group Summit.
- Just enter the Coupon Code: PRPWDC to get the 10% discount.
There is also an early bird discount if you register by June 27. Click here to Register.
Hope to see you there. I know that everyone who has attended these sessions before has learnt heaps and had a lot of fun.
11-Jul-2019: Updated Link to session.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.