This series will cover each of the modules of GP Power Tools and explain to potential users and existing users why every Dynamics GP site needs GP Power Tools.
If you already have GP Power Tools, but don’t have all the modules registered, this series will help you understand why you should register the other modules.
For other the other articles in the series, click here:
For an understanding of what is in this module, click here:
Here are some of the benefits for the Database Tools module:
Create Logins after moving server
- Recreate all the users’ SQL logins and database users after moving to a new server.
- Ensures all SQL Server security settings match Dynamics GP settings.
- Passwords can be set manually or created automatically and emailed to users.
Ensuring Smooth upgrades
- Database Validation fixes issues, including:
- Tables not in the correct starting format.
- References to databases or dictionaries that don’t exist in the Dynamics Utilities tables.
- Account Framework mismatches.
Force users to change password
- SQL Login Maintenance can reset passwords and view or change password policy settings.
- Passwords can be entered or automatically generated.
- Emails can be sent to users to notify them of their new password.
Copying settings between systems
- Use XML Export to export specified tables to an XML file with an optional SQL where clause.
- Use for backups of testing data, or to send data to support without using large SQL Database backups.
For more information check out the following links:
- GP Power Tools product webpage
- GP Portal Tools Portal
- GP Power Tools Benefits Presentation
- #GPPT GP Power Tools: What’s in each module series?
- #GPPT FAQ: What features belong to each GP Power Tools Module?
Don’t forget you can install anytime and activate the free 30 day trial period for any of the modules. If you have some modules registered, you already have preview access to the other modules, but activating the free trial period will give you full access.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.