This series will cover each of the modules of GP Power Tools and explain to potential users and existing users why every Dynamics GP site needs GP Power Tools.
If you already have GP Power Tools, but don’t have all the modules registered, this series will help you understand why you should register the other modules.
This article is conclusion to the series, here are the links for the articles:
- #GPPT Why every GP site needs GP Power Tools – Series Introduction
- #GPPT Why every GP site needs GP Power Tools – System Features
- #GPPT Why every GP site needs GP Power Tools – Administrator Tools Pt. 1
- #GPPT Why every GP site needs GP Power Tools – Administrator Tools Pt. 2
- #GPPT Why every GP site needs GP Power Tools – Developer Tools
- #GPPT Why every GP site needs GP Power Tools – Database Tools
- #GPPT Why every GP site needs GP Power Tools – Conclusion
Looking at all the benefits for each of the modules, it is a “no brainer” that every site requires the Administrator Tools module and required System Features module.
For any sites that will upgrade at some time, or just wish to perform a system health check, the Database Tools module is important. If you are migrating SQL Server, create test/development environments or would like easy maintenance of SQL Passwords and Password Policy, then it becomes a must have.
If you would like the ability to debug complex issues, create customizations, use self service scripts, create custom RW functions, SBA (Service Based Architecture) web services, URL drill backs or scheduled tasks then you need the Developer Tools module.
You can even use the Developer Tools module to replace VBA code for a more stable, easier to maintain and web client compatible solution.
Note: If you don’t have the developer resources to use the Developer Tools features or would like training on how best to use the features, please Contact Us.
For more information check out the following links:
- GP Power Tools product webpage
- GP Portal Tools Portal
- GP Power Tools Benefits Presentation
- #GPPT GP Power Tools: What’s in each module series?
- #GPPT FAQ: What features belong to each GP Power Tools Module?
Don’t forget you can install anytime and activate the free 30 day trial period for any of the modules. If you have some modules registered, you already have preview access to the other modules, but activating the free trial period will give you full access.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.