A number of enhancements and fixes have been added to GP Power Tools in the last month and this hotfix makes them available to the community.
It is highly recommended that all sites running GP Power Tools install the latest code on all workstation and servers where Microsoft Dynamics GP is installed.
Build 28.6 (Hotfix 5) of GP Power Tools is available for the following Microsoft Dynamics GP versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and GP 2013 R2 (v12.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 and GP 2015 R2 (v14.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and GP 2016 R2 (v16.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 and GP 2018 R2 (v18.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.2)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.3)
The build 28.6 hotfix includes the following changes:
- Fixed Website Settings not being applied when switching companies back to same user and company.
Added support for Pulling Window Focus Action for Table Restricted to Form, Form Level Procedures/Functions and Focus Event Modal Dialogs.
- Updated Company Login Filter feature to ignore a remembered company if the Hide Remember Company option is enabled.
- Updated Company Login Filter feature to better handle when Remember Company option is used on the Company Login window.
- Updated Dex.ini Setting writing code to log if the Dex.ini setting fails to write correctly to the Dex.ini file.
- Fixed MBS_Activity_Cleanup: Invalid object name ‘CO00201’ by updating syVendorAnalysisDeleteTrigger to handle multiple companies and confirm databases are online.
- Added warning to Dex.ini Settings window when activating Dexterity Profile logging on startup of Microsoft Dynamics GP to avoid possible crashing.
- Added checks when Dexterity Profile logging on startup to temporarily disable the profiling for specific products to avoid possible crashing.
- Updated Product Version Validation window to show the Machine ID column before the date and time columns.
- Updated Product Version Validation window to show the User ID and Windows User Name columns for the user which last updated the records.
- Updated Product Version Validation window to allow deleting of a product from all workstations when deleting that product from the system level.
- Updated Product Version Validation window to allow deleting of all records for a workstation that is no longer in the system.
- Updated Trigger Setup to allow Desktop Alerts to be selected as Information, Warning, Error or Debug modes like System Dialogs.
- Updated the GP Power Tools Email Engine to support sending emails using Office 365 (Exchange Web Services) with Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Updated Capture Screenshots window to use Administrator Settings option for using desktop alerts rather than system dialogs for messages after saving or emailing.
- Updated Resource Explorer window to read all scripts even when only Service Procedures needed, to maintain data integrity when products are updated.
- Updated Database Validation window to improve performance when running the Process function to read all the Dexterity tables and views and check their status in SQL.
- Added trigger to display physical (SQL) and technical (Dexterity) table names to the Microsoft Dynamics GP SQL Maintenance window.
- Updated Database Validation window to disable triggers and logging when the window is opened.
- Updated Database Validation window to offer to open the connection to the email service or application if it is not open when resetting passwords.
- Updated SQL Login Maintenance window to offer to open the connection to the email service or application if it is not open when resetting passwords.
- Updated Activity Cleanup code to not use standard GP syUserInRole() function as this would stop shortcuts being displayed when Remember Company was used.
Please download and update your systems. You can just install over the top of the existing installation, but must update all workstations and servers which have Dynamics GP installed at the same time.
Check out these articles and links:
- #GPPT: Updating GP Power Tools
- #GPPT Setting up GP Power Tools
- GPPT Portal: http://winthropdc.com/GPPT
- Download: https://www.winthropdc.com/products_GPPT.htm#Downloads
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.