I have had quite a few requests for Dexterity Training recently. So once I decided to go to Community Summit in Orlando, Florida, USA in October, I planned to run a 5 day Dexterity Fundamentals Bootcamp in the week beforehand. Please register your interest as soon as possible to ensure the course goes ahead.
Dexterity is the development environment that Microsoft Dynamics GP is built on and the best tool to use for any customization to the user interface of the product. Knowledge of Dexterity is vital for anyone customizing Dynamics GP even when using other development tools such as GP Power Tools – Developer Tools module, Visual Studio Tools (C# or VB .Net) or “End of Life” VBA (Visual Basic for Application).
I will be presenting Dexterity Fundamentals training from Monday 3rd October 2022 to Friday 7th October 2022.
Below are details of the Dexterity Fundamentals training class:
Dexterity I (Dexterity Product Fundamentals)
Dexterity I will teach you about the development environment used to build the Microsoft Dynamics GP family of products. This course will provide you with the foundation you need to build integrated, database-independent applications. In addition, you will learn how to provide powerful application functionality for Dynamics.
By actively participating in this class, you will learn:
- Basic programming techniques used by Microsoft Dynamics GP to develop their core modules
- How to modify existing Dynamics GP forms and reports in order to make customizations for customers
- How to develop add-on applications that will interact with the Dynamics GP products to meet specific requests by customers
- How to package and ship your dictionary allowing Microsoft Dynamics GP to make updates to Dynamics GP without affecting the developer’s dictionary
- How to register your product with Microsoft Dynamics GP using a unique Product ID to ensure no duplication of add-on applications with the same name
- How to develop add-on applications that will “look and feel” like Dynamics GP and provide seamless interface between the applications to ensure a professional finished product
- How to use object triggers, which are scripts in your applications that are invoked by events in Dynamics GP, allowing several developers to deliver enhancements to the same Dynamics GP form
Who should attend?
Customers or Partners who will be customizing or building add-on or standalone applications to integrate with the Dynamics GP products. Also great for Developers working with other development tools who want to understand the internal workings of Dynamics GP.
Prior to attending the course, it is highly recommended that students prepare for the course by going through the Dexterity Quick Start reference manual and working through the lessons in this manual. The Quick Start manual is installed with Dexterity and can be found under the Help-Online Manuals option from within Dexterity. Dexterity is located in the tools folder in the Dynamics GP DVD image.
- Understanding of navigation and administration of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Understanding of development concepts is helpful.
- Attendees will need a laptop with SQL Server and Microsoft Dynamics GP (preferably latest version) locally installed and running on it. Only sample company is needed.
- Attendees must know the laptop’s administrator password, SQL Server ‘sa’ password and GP system password (if one is setup). As they will need to change settings and install software.
Monday to Friday (5 days) 8:00-5:00 each day
Introductions and Overview
Dexterity Resources and Components
Create Basic Data Entry Project
Complete Basic Data Entry Project
Create Basic Lookup Project
Create Multi-user Data Entry Project
Complete Multi-user Data Entry Project
Create Transaction Entry Project
Complete Transaction Entry Project
Dynamics Integration Project
Additional Resources and Topics
The above agenda is a guideline and might be re-organized to fit additional topics if time allows.
The cost will be US$2,500 per attendee for 5 full days. The training location is still being finalized.
To register your interest using the Contact Us form on the Winthrop Development Consultants website.
Hope to see you there.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.