This is the portal page for GP Power Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP (based on the product previously known as the Support Debugging Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP).
Find this page using the URL: http://winthropdc.com/GPPT
Below are the current release details:
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP (v18.2) Modern Lifecycle:
Build 27.5 (Last Modified: 24-Oct-2019), Installer: 18.02.0027.5
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 & GP 2018 R2 (v18.0):
Build 27.5 (Last Modified: 24-Oct-2019), Installer: 18.00.0027.5
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 & GP 2016 R2 (v16.0):
Build 27.5 (Last Modified: 24-Oct-2019), Installer: 16.00.0027.5
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 & GP 2015 R2 (v14.0):
Build 27.5 (Last Modified: 24-Oct-2019), Installer: 14.00.0027.5
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 & GP 2013 R2 (v12.0):
Build 27.5 (Last Modified: 24-Oct-2019), Installer: 12.00.0027.5
Below are the no longer developed release details:
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 (v11.0):
Build 27.5 (Last Modified: 24-Oct-2019), Installer: 11.00.0027.5
GP Power Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP is a Dexterity, Visual C# and Visual Basic.Net based integrated product for Microsoft Dynamics GP which contains a collection of utilities and tools to make the tasks of administering, supporting and developing Microsoft Dynamics GP easier and faster.
GP Power Tools is sold as three modules which can be bought separately, with some standard features available when any module is registered. The three modules and their features are:
- Avoid data entry errors! Company based colour schemes provide an immediate visual cue to which company is being used.
- Gain full administrative and audit control of your security system, including Deny-Based Security and Dynamic Product Selection.
- Roll out Dex.ini setting and Launch File changes to all workstations.
- Simplify troubleshooting by disabling third party products and customizations (including Visual Studio Addins and VBA).
- Users can customize window positions and sizes based on the how they use the system.
- Manage user licenses with user activity tracking, automatic logout and login limits.
- Create, execute and publish scripts from inside Dynamics GP, using Dexterity, Transact-SQL, Visual C# and Visual Basic.Net.
- Create triggers to schedule events, customize Dynamics GP, and debug issues by automatically capturing logs.
- Build custom Report Writer functions, custom Service Based Architecture (SBA) service procedures or custom URL Drill Backs.
- Request parameters from users for scripts without needing any additional programming and perform actions on SQL results returned.
- Group triggers, scripts and parameter lists together into development projects for easy maintenance and exporting & importing.
- Synchronize and repair Dynamics GP Companies and Users with SQL Server Databases, Logins and Database Users.
- Update Logins and passwords after moving to a new SQL Server or when creating test environments.
- Clean up system tables and validate database integrity and table structures before upgrading to minimize upgrade issues.
- Export and import selected data from multiple tables using XML for quick transfer of small amounts of data between systems or for backups.
- Easily reset user passwords and change password policy settings.
Essential system features that come with the first module you register:
- Capture and email 5 system logs in “One-Click”.
- Capture and email a full system status report and screenshots of all open windows in “One-Click”.
- Send emails from inside Dynamics GP even with no email client installed.
- Change Dex.ini and registry settings from inside GP, including making GP work well on high res monitors.
The tools contain two types of features; Standard Mode and Advanced Mode. Standard Mode features can be used safely by all users. Advanced Mode features require system administrator or database owner (dbo) privileges and require expertise in Dexterity, Visual C#, Visual Basic.Net and/or SQL Server administration.
FREE 30 DAY TRIAL AVAILABLE – Just download, install and add your contact details into the registration system, then just click on the individual key icons for each module to request trial keys.
Below are the links for the various release announcement blog posts:
- 24-May-2018: #GPPT GP Power Tools build 27 released
- 12-Feb-2018: #GPPT GP Power Tools build 26 released
- 10-Jul-2018: #GPPT GP Power Tools build 25 released
- 09-May-2018: #GPPT GP Power Tools build 24 released
- 16-Nov-2017: #GPPT GP Power Tools build 23 released
- 22-Jun-2017: #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 22 hotfix released
- 24-Feb-2017: #GPPT GP Power Tools build 22 released
- 01-Jul-2016: #GPPT GP Power Tools build 21 released
- 04-Sep-2015: #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 20 hotfix 2 released
- 21-Aug-2015: #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 20 hotfix released
- 04-Aug-2015: #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 20 released
- 07-Jul-2015: #GPPT Welcome to the GP Power Tools Public Beta
Frequently Asked Questions
These links provide additional information about GP Power Tools:
- Solution to Registration issues on Winthrop Development Consultants products
- #GPPT Why every GP site needs GP Power Tools – Series Introduction
- #GPPT GP Power Tools: What’s in each module series?
- #GPPT FAQ: What features belong to each GP Power Tools Module?
- #GPPT: Updating GP Power Tools
- #GPPT Automatic Logout for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- #GPPT Managing User Licenses with GP Power Tools
- #GPPT Top Benefits of GP Power Tools
- 21 Reasons why you should upgrade to GP Power Tools
- #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 27 is coming soon
- #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 26 is coming soon
- #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 22 is [almost] here
- #GPPT Stopping the subscription expiry warning message
- #GPPT Stopping the subscription expiry warning message revisited
- #GPPT What’s New: Series summary for GP Power Tools build 20
- #GPPT Installing GP Power Tools (Upgrading from SDT, Silent Installs and more)
- #GPPT Why wait till you upgrade to install GP Power Tools?
- #GPPT An open operation on the table ‘MBS_ScreenShot_Forms’ failed because the path does not exist.
- Also please see the Support Debugging Tool Portal.
To view videos on the various GP Power Tools features or a full product demonstration, please go to the page below:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To ensure continued registration and the best experience, always install the latest build. Install over the top of the existing build, no need to uninstall first. You can also copy the updated files from one install to other installs. See article: Updating GP Power Tools.
The download links and User Guide Manual Documentation are available from the following page:
Note: The manual is included with the installer, but is also available as a separate download.
GP Power Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP – Brochure handout
GP Power Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP – Benefits Presentation
Support for GP Power Tools is provided by Winthrop Development Consultants.
Support cases can be logged using the Contact Support page:
For customers, the price of an annual subscription for the first module (including system features) is US$500 (shown as US$400 for the module and US$100 for system features), Each of the additional modules can be added for US$400. So one module is US$500, two modules is US$900 and all three modules is US$1300. As an annual subscription, each subsequent year renewal is for the same amount.
Any ordering questions can be sent via the Contact Sales page:
Partners can request permanent Not for Resale (NFR) registration keys.
Please sign up as a partner with Winthrop Development Consultants on the Partners page and you are automatically entitled to NFR registration keys for your in-house or demonstration systems.
Note: Partners must be using registration keys with their registered site name and not demo keys with Two, Inc. for NFR registration to work.
For more information and links for obtaining quotes or placing orders, please see the GP Power Tools pages on the Winthrop Development Consultants site:
Other Articles and Posts
For other related articles and posts have a look at the GP Power Tools category page.
Comments and Feedback
Please provide comments, feedback and suggestions for GP Power Tools to help us understand how we can improve it.
Last updated: 24-Oct-2019.