This is the portal page for GP Power Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP (based on the product previously known as the Support Debugging Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP).
Find this page using the URL: http://winthropdc.com/GPPT
Below are the current release details:
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 & R2 (v16.0):
Build 22 (Last Modified: 19-Jun-2017), Installer: 16.00.0022.7
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 & R2 (v14.0):
Build 22 (Last Modified: 19-Jun-2017), Installer: 14.00.0022.7
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 & R2 (v12.0):
Build 22 (Last Modified: 19-Jun-2017), Installer: 12.00.0022.7
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 (v11.0):
Build 22 (Last Modified: 19-Jun-2017), Installer: 11.00.0022.7
GP Power Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP is a Dexterity, Visual C# and Visual Basic.Net based integrated product for Microsoft Dynamics GP which contains a collection of utilities and tools to make the tasks of administering, supporting and developing Microsoft Dynamics GP easier and faster.
GP Power Tools is sold as three modules which can be bought separately, with some standard features available when any module is registered. The three modules and their features are:
- Avoid data entry errors! Company based colour schemes provide an immediate visual cue to which company is being used.
- Gain full administrative and audit control of your security system, including Deny-Based Security.
- Roll out Dex.ini setting changes to all workstations.
- Simplify troubleshooting by disabling third party products and customizations (including Visual Studio Addins and VBA).
- Users can customize window positions and sizes based on the how they use the system.
- Create, execute and publish scripts from inside Dynamics GP, using Dexterity, Transact-SQL, Visual C# and Visual Basic.Net.
- Create triggers to schedule events, customize Dynamics GP, and debug issues by automatically capturing logs.
- Build custom Report Writer functions or custom Service Based Architecture (SBA) service procedures.
- Request parameters from users for scripts without needing any additional programming.
- Group triggers, scripts and parameter lists together into development projects for easy maintenance and exporting.
- Synchronize and repair Dynamics GP Companies and Users with SQL Server Databases, Logins and Database Users.
- Update Logins and passwords after moving to a new SQL Server or when creating test environments.
- Clean up system tables and validate database integrity and table structures before upgrading to minimize upgrade issues.
- Export and import selected data from multiple tables using XML for quick transfer of small amounts of data between systems or for backups.
Essential system features that come with the first module you register:
- Capture and email 5 system logs in “One-Click”.
- Capture and email a full system status report and screenshots of all open windows in “One-Click”.
- Send emails from inside Dynamics GP even with no email client installed.
- Change Dex.ini and registry settings from inside GP, including making GP work well on high res monitors.
The tools contain two types of features; Standard Mode and Advanced Mode. Standard Mode features can be used safely by all users. Advanced Mode features require system administrator or database owner (dbo) privileges and require expertise in Dexterity, Visual C#, Visual Basic.Net and/or SQL Server administration.
Below are the links for the various release announcement blog posts:
- 07-Jul-2015: #GPPT Welcome to the GP Power Tools Public Beta
- 04-Aug-2015: Announcing Winthrop Development Consultants’ partnership with Mekorma
- 04-Aug-2015: #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 20 released
- 21-Aug-2015: #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 20 hotfix released
- 04-Sep-2015: #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 20 hotfix 2 released
- 01-Jul-2016: #GPPT GP Power Tools build 21 released
- 24-Feb-2017: #GPPT GP Power Tools build 22 released
- 22-Jun-2017: #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 22 hotfix released
Frequently Asked Questions
These links provide additional information about GP Power Tools:
- #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 22 is almost here
- #GPPT Stopping the subscription expiry warning message
- #GPPT Stopping the subscription expiry warning message revisited
- #GPPT FAQ: What features belong to each GP Power Tools Module?
- #GPPT Top Benefits of GP Power Tools
- 21 Reasons why you should upgrade to GP Power Tools
- #GPPT What’s New: Series summary for GP Power Tools build 20
- #GPPT Installing GP Power Tools (Upgrading from SDT, Silent Installs and more)
- #GPPT Why wait till you upgrade to install GP Power Tools?
- Also please see the Support Debugging Tool Portal.
To view videos on the various GP Power Tools features, please go to the page below:
The download links are at the bottom of Mekorma’s GP Power Tools page.
GP Power Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP – User Guide Manual Documentation
Note: The manual is included with the installer, but is also available as a separate download.
GP Power Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP – Brochure handout
Support for GP Power Tools is provided by Winthrop Development Consultants.
Support cases can be logged using the link below:
For customers, please place your orders via Mekorma’s Order Now page:
Partners can request Not for Resale (NFR) registration keys. Please email sales@Mekorma.com with the following details:
- Contact Name
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Phone Number
- Your Microsoft Account Number
For more information, please see the GP Power Tools pages on the Winthrop Development Consultants and Mekorma sites:
Other Articles and Posts
For other related articles and posts have a look at the GP Power Tools category page.
Comments and Feedback
Please provide comments, feedback and suggestions for GP Power Tools to help us understand how we can improve it.
Last updated: 09-Aug-2017