Winthrop Development Consultants is pleased to announce Build 17 of Visual Studio Integration Toolkit (VSIT) for Microsoft Dynamics GP was released on 10-Aug-2022.
This build includes a number of enhancements as well as improvements to the registration and installer systems.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: With the release of build 17, support for build 15 has been discontinued. Sites running on build 15 or earlier need to update before their subscriptions can be renewed. It is recommended that ALL sites update to build 17 to take advantage of the new features, enhancements and fixes.
Build 17 of Visual Studio Integration Toolkit is available for the following Microsoft Dynamics GP versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 and GP 2015 R2 (v14.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and GP 2016 R2 (v16.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 and GP 2018 R2 (v18.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.2)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.3)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.4)
Installer Critical Update
Critical Update: The InstallAware software used to create the installers for our products has been updated to resolve a recently identified critical DLL preloading vulnerability. As a copy of the installer remains on the machine for maintenance, update, removal, and repair tasks, the risk is ongoing until the system is updated with the fixed installer.
The installer has also been improved to correctly handle changes to build numbers when service packs are installed.
When installing on a system with an existing installation of Visual Studio Integration Toolkit, you will receive a warning that the server components are about to be updated and that once the server is updated, all workstations will have to be updated to match the same build.
You can respond No to this dialog, but that will deactivate Visual Studio Integration Toolkit on the current workstation until next login or company switch when you will be asked again to update.
When communicating with the Registration Server, a please wait dialog is displayed so you understand why there might be a pause from the system.
Updates to Helper Functions
Added WindowSetTitleByProduct Helper Function to allow the window titles to be changed, works with WindowGetTitleByProduct.
For a detailed change log, look at the VSTMenus.txt file which is also installed with Visual Studio Integration Toolkit into the Microsoft Dynamics GP application folder. To see the updated documentation, look at the user guide which is also installed with the product.
For more information see the following pages and articles:
- Important: Please update all Winthrop Products to resolve an Installer Security Vulnerability
- Visual Studio Integration Toolkit Downloads
- Visual Studio Integration Toolkit Portal
- #VSIT: Updating Visual Studio Integration Toolkit
- #GPPT #BPST #VSIT Solution to Registration issues on Winthrop Development Consultants products
- #VSIT Visual Studio Integration Toolkit Helper Functions
Please update all workstations and servers where Visual Studio Integration Toolkit is installed to this latest build as soon as possible.
Please post comments and feedback. Thank you for your support.
18-Aug-2022: Added link to more information about Security Vulnerability discovered.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.