We have had a couple more minor issues discovered with GP Power Tools, so we have released a new hotfix build last week to resolve them.
These issues will not affect all users, but it is still recommended that all sites running GP Power Tools install the latest code on all workstation and servers where Microsoft Dynamics GP is installed.
Build 28.4 (Hotfix 3) of GP Power Tools is available for the following Microsoft Dynamics GP versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and GP 2013 R2 (v12.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 and GP 2015 R2 (v14.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and GP 2016 R2 (v16.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 and GP 2018 R2 (v18.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.2)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.3)
The build 28.4 hotfix includes the following changes:
- Added Help Button to windows.
- Fixed Dynamic Product Selection no showing default window correctly for modified 3rd party windows.
- Updated Dex.ini Settings window for Reports Tab to update location of DebugRW.txt and DebugLog.txt files and provide drill down zoom.
- Fixed Database Validation script for v18.2 and v18.3 which was generating a null value for field Schema1 error.
- Fixed Database Validation script where a user might have multiple schemas accessing a single database causing a duplicate key error.
- Updated Product Version Check code in Screenshot and Database Validation to check for version info linked to module codes up to 200 rather than 100.
- Updated ScreenShot System Summary Report to automatically only show current databases if showing all databases pushes the output to larger than 32k.
- Updated ScreenShot System Summary Report to write to output file in sections so that it can exceed the 32k limit in the file if needed.
- Updated Activity Cleanup code to automatically elevate VIEW SERVER STATE permissions if needed so that active sessions can be verified.
- Updated Product Version Validation check to ensure that version numbers are reset in between checking versions for each dictionary.
- Added MBS_Debug_ProductVersionOverride Dex.ini setting to Product Version Validate to exclude a workstation from version mismatch checks.
Please download and update your systems. You can just install over the top of the existing installation, but must update all workstations and servers which have Dynamics GP installed at the same time.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.