I had not planned on another hotfix for build 28 of GP Power Tools, but I had some fantastic enhancements that I wanted to get into the product and released to the users so they can use the improved development capabilities and functionality.
It is highly recommended that all sites running GP Power Tools install the latest code on all workstation and servers where Microsoft Dynamics GP is installed.
Highlights of this build include:
- Control of position, size and state for the Report Writer Screen Output window has been improved.
- Long Descriptions for Project, Trigger and Script windows so you can add documentation which is stored along with the code without being comments in a script.
- Selection of user and/or company for customizations can now be controlled once at the Project Setup level rather than having to be selected on every trigger using Trigger Setup. Additional fine tuning can still be added at the Trigger level if desired.
- Triggers can be temporarily disabled when registered. They can then be enabled from another trigger/script when needed. They can also automatically disable themselves again after execution.
- Table Buffer References can be stored as Memory Variables. This allows the capture of a reference to a temporary table (SQL or ctree), which can then be used in a later trigger to read and write data in the temporary table. This method can be used to change results in Inquiry windows and reports that use temporary tables.
- Project Customization Packages can now be loaded the first time using Project Setup instead of having to use the Configuration Export/Import window.
Build 28.8 (Hotfix 7) of GP Power Tools is available for the following Microsoft Dynamics GP versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and GP 2013 R2 (v12.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 and GP 2015 R2 (v14.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and GP 2016 R2 (v16.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 and GP 2018 R2 (v18.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.2)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.3)
The build 28.8 hotfix includes the following changes:
Report Writer Screen Output
- Fixes to Report Writer Screen Output memory to prevent other windows being maximized incorrectly.
- Fixes to Report Writer Screen Output memory to prevent window size and position drifting by a few pixels each time it is opened.
- Fixes to Report Writer Screen Output memory to prevent window flashing after multiple reports are printed by a single process.
- Fixes to Report Writer Screen Output memory to prevent loss of memory settings after multiple report are printed by a single process.
- Due to limitations in the way the Microsoft maximized the Screen Output window in v18.3 onwards, only the last report in a single process can be controlled.
- Updated Automatic Logout processing code to write log entries when windows have been successfully saved or closed.
- Updated Additional User Information functionality to populate Default Site ID into Site ID for POP Requisitions, POP PO Entry and POP Receivings Entry windows.
- Updated User Activity Log window to change the heading for cancelling of the Automatic Logout Dialog from “Auto Dialog” to “Auto Cancel”.
- Fixed Microsoft Dynamics GP Bug. Marking a user as inactive in the User Setup Window, now updates the Date Inactivated column in the SY_Users_MSTR (SY01400) table.
- Added functionality to store table references as Memory variables, thus allowing table buffers to be captured in one trigger and used in another.
- Added MBS_Memory_Set_Reference, MBS_Memory_Get_Reference, MBS_Memory_Del_Reference & MBS_Memory_Set_Table Helper Functions.
- Updated Helper Functions window to add support for new table Reference functionality. Note: Only works for Dexterity based scripts.
- Updated Helper Functions window to add option to load Parameter List before loading and executing Runtime Execute, SQL Execute or .Net Execute scripts.
- Updated Project Setup window to select the Export linked custom resources package on export and import package on import option when selecting custom resources.
- Added new table to store Project based User and Company selection settings and added to table creation and import export functionality.
- Added User and Company selection settings to Project Setup window. Triggers belonging to a project will only be enabled if the Project and the Trigger are enabled.
- Updated Project Setup window to add an expansion button to open a Long Description window where more information about the Project can be stored.
- Updated Project Setup window to enable importing of packages without selecting a creating a project first so new projects can be imported easily.
- Updated Trigger Setup window to make Non Logging Trigger and Minimize Log Entries checkboxes selected by default.
- Added option to Trigger Setup window to specify a trigger to start as temporarily disabled when it is registered.
- Added option to Trigger Setup window to automatically temporarily disable a trigger after it has been executed.
- Updated Trigger Setup window to add an expansion button to open a Long Description window where more information about the Trigger can be stored.
- Updated Trigger Setup window so that it also issues an abort close command when reject script is executed. This will prevent a window closing.
Runtime Execute Setup
- Updated Runtime Execute Setup window to Minimize Log Entries checkbox selected by default.
- Updated Runtime Execute Setup window to add an expansion button to open a Long Description window where more information about the Script can be stored.
- Updated Runtime Executer window to display the Long Description field with more information about the script.
SQL Execute Setup, SQL Execute and SQL Results
- Fixed SQL Execute Setup window to avoid record locked error showing sometimes when duplicating scripts.
- Updated SQL Execute Setup window to Minimize Log Entries checkbox selected by default.
- Updated SQL Execute Setup window to add an expansion button to open a Long Description window where more information about the Script can be stored.
- Updated SQL Executer window to display the Long Description field with more information about the script until script executed.
- Added Redisplay Button to the SQL Results window to allow query results to be manually refreshed.
.Net Execute Setup
- Updated .Net Execute Setup window to Minimize Log Entries checkbox selected by default.
- Updated .Net Execute Setup window to add an expansion button to open a Long Description window where more information about the Script can be stored.
- Updated .Net Executer window to display the Long Description field with more information about the script until script executed.
- Updated Resource Explorer code for reading dictionary resources to avoid possible duplicate records errors.
Please download and update your systems. You can just install over the top of the existing installation, but must update all workstations and servers which have Dynamics GP installed at the same time.
Check out these articles and links:
- #GPPT: Updating GP Power Tools
- #GPPT Setting up GP Power Tools
- GPPT Portal: http://winthropdc.com/GPPT
- Download: https://www.winthropdc.com/products_GPPT.htm#Downloads
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.