As I am still working on the next major build of GP Power Tools, I have decided to release another hotfix build with some changes I wanted to get out sooner rather than later. This hotfix build includes a few fixes and minor enhancements to help the developer community who are really starting to adopt GP Power Tools as a replacement for VBA (Visual Basic for Applications).
It is highly recommended that all sites running GP Power Tools install the latest code on all workstation and servers where Microsoft Dynamics GP is installed.
Highlights of this build include:
- Performance enhancements retrieving data from the DUOS table in custom RW functions.
- Additional of support storing references (pointers) to Window Fields as Memory Parameters. This can be used to reference fields between scripts running in Modified or Original dictionary context.
- Added information to compilation errors when compiling against modified dictionaries to explain that references to non-modified resources will fail as they are not contained in the modified dictionary.
- Removal of the default form to and default window to commands from Triggers as they could cause scripts to fail to work without any errors or warnings. Better to always fully qualify references to resources.
Build 28.9 (Hotfix 8) of GP Power Tools is available for the following Microsoft Dynamics GP versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and GP 2013 R2 (v12.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 and GP 2015 R2 (v14.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and GP 2016 R2 (v16.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 and GP 2018 R2 (v18.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.2)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.3)
The build 28.9 hotfix includes the following changes:
- Fixed Launch File Configuration to display correct message and restart application after changes have been made to the Launch File.
- Added DUOS SY_User_Object_Store (SY90000) Table to performance fix for Report Writer when used with custom with RW Functions.
- Fixed Runtime Execute window where Execute Button would be enabled for custom Script Purposes when returning to the window from other windows.
- Updated Runtime Execute Setup window to add additional information to compilation errors when executing against modified dictionaries.
- Updated Helper Functions window to automatically select Execute against Modified Dictionary when the script is marked as Modified.
- Updated Trigger Setup window template scripts to not use default form to and default window to commands as they can cause scripts to fail without warnings.
- Updated Trigger Setup window to add additional information to compilation errors when executing against modified dictionaries.
- Updated Project Setup window to allow starting and stopping of all Automatic Starting Triggers without having a Project loaded on the window.
- Updated Messages Setup window to ensure that the default language of 0 is always listed as a fall back on multilingual systems.
- Added functionality to store field references as Memory variables, thus allowing fields passed between Product Dictionaries or between modified and original dictionaries.
- Added MBS_Memory_Set_Field Helper Functions to capture field references, existing functions MBS_Memory_Get_Reference, MBS_Memory_Del_Reference already work for field references.
- Updated Helper Functions window to add support for new field Reference functionality. Note: Only works for Dexterity based scripts.
- Added MBS_Exit_After_Processes and MBS_Switch_Company Helper Functions to allow triggers and scripts to change companies or exit the application.
- Updated Helper Functions window to add support for new Exit Dynamics GP Application and Switch Dynamics GP Company functions.
- Added MBS_Runtime_Execute_After_Background and MBS_Runtime_Execute_Modified_After_Background Helper Functions to run scripts in the foreground after background processes have completed.
- Updated Helper Functions window to add support for executing Dexterity Scripts in the foreground after background processing has completed.
- Fixed issue in multiple GP Power Tools window where the window could be closed just before a record was displayed and it would generate a Dexterity exception.
Please download and update your systems. You can just install over the top of the existing installation, but must update all workstations and servers which have Dynamics GP installed at the same time.
Check out these articles and links:
- #GPPT: Updating GP Power Tools
- #GPPT Setting up GP Power Tools
- GPPT Portal: http://winthropdc.com/GPPT
- Download: https://www.winthropdc.com/products_GPPT.htm#Downloads
16-Aug-2021: Updated Change history list.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.