After months of work, I am extremely excited to announce that GP Power Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP (GPPT) Build 22 is now available for download. Please update your systems to get all the new features.
GP Power Tools was previously known as Support Debugging Tool (SDT), which was discontinued in October 2014. If you are still using the previous product, please upgrade to the supported and much better GP Power Tools product.
This build adds many new features as well as enhancements to existing features and a number of fixes. Build 22 of GP Power Tools is available for the following Microsoft Dynamics GP versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 (v11.0),
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and GP 2013 R2 (v12.0),
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 and GP 2015 R2 (v14.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and GP 2016 R2 (v16.0).
GP Power Tools is sold as three modules which can be bought separately, with some standard “system” features available when any module is registered. This update brings improvements to all modules of the product. The User Guide manual has grown from 275 to 324 pages.
A high level description of the new features in Build 22 is in the post below. The article which explains which features belong to which module has also been updated:
- #GPPT GP Power Tools Build 22 is almost here
- #GPPT FAQ: What features belong to each GP Power Tools Module?
Below is a summary of the changes made for releases 11.00.0022, 12.00.0022, 14.00.00212 and 16.00.0022 divided into logical sections:
High DPI Monitor help
- Added Windows Bitmap Scaling feature to Dex.ini Settings window.
Daily GP Power Tools Log
- Added feature where GP Power Tools User Company Log file can be renamed each day and logs older than a specified number of days will be removed.
Emailing of Logs
- Added Create Compressed Folder and Create Zip File from Folder functionality support.
- Added option to email captured logs as a zip file when stopping Manual Logging Mode to Logging Settings window.
Challenge ‘sa’ User on Login
- Added option to challenge ‘sa’ user on login with the GP Power Tools Administrator Password before access given.
- Added Display Name and Domain Name information to System Status report.
Deny Based Security
- Added Deny Based Security Tables to system, including Setup Backup and Restore window.
- Added Security Denied window to display security resources denied for users and companies.
- Added Security Hidden window to display navigation items hidden for users and companies.
- Update Security Information window to handle Deny Based Security.
- Update Security Analyzer window to handle Deny Based Security.
- Added Enhanced Security window to control Deny Based Security and Hidden Security settings.
- Added Field Level Security to Enhanced Security window copy functionality.
- Added Scan for missing Menu Entries to add to the syMenuMstr (Menu Master) table to Enhanced Security window.
Company Login Filter
- Added tables to support new feature of Company Login Filter.
- Updated Setup Backup and Restore to support new tables for Company Login Filter.
- Updated Configuration Export/Import to support new tables for Company Login Filter.
- Added Company Login Filter window and filtering functionality to Company Login window.
- Added menu navigation for Company Login Filter feature.
Window Position Memory
- Added tables to support new feature of Window Position Memory.
- Updated Setup Backup and Restore to support new tables for Window Position Memory.
- Updated Configuration Export/Import to support new tables for Window Position Memory.
- Added Window Position Memory window with default windows for common cards and transactions windows.
- Added menu navigation for Window Position Memory feature.
- Added Additional Menu option to User Preferences window to allow user to reset their Window Memory Settings.
- Added Reset Window Memory Settings window to Window Memory Setup window for Administrator to reset users’ settings.
Dictionary Control Enhancements
- Added User and/or Company selection to Dictionary Control when using “After Login” settings.
Resource Information Enhancements
- Added the field value when the form containing the window for the field is open to Resource Information window.
- Added 8 more Window Title options to Administrator Settings using Company Name and User Name.
- Added Logging facility to Automatic Window Re-positioning code, uses MBS_Debug_LogWinData=TRUE Dex.ini Setting.
- Added option to only request System or Administrator Password be entered once per session.
- Fixed issue where Security Profiler has an error if the windows is closed while new rows are being added.
- Added hint text to bottom of Security Information window to remind users to Expand the System Level node.
- Dynamic Trigger Logging
- Added MBS_Debug_LogListPath setting to point to Dynamic Trigger List to capture script and database events.
- Added Dynamics Trigger List Setup window to configure Dynamics Trigger Lists.
Generate Pass through Scripts
- Added Generate Pass Through sanscript code feature to Runtime Execute Setup and SQL Execute Setup windows.
Parameter Lists Enhancements
- Added SQL select statement based Drop Down Lists to Parameter Lists using a SQL Execute Script ID.
- Added SQL select statement based Custom Lookup to Parameter Lists using a SQL Execute Script ID.
- Added Dexterity Form based Custom Lookup to Parameter Lists using definition of form, windows and fields.
- Added Project Setup window to allow grouping of triggers, scripts and parameters into projects.
- Added Project ID field into Trigger Setup and Parameter Maintenance windows.
- Added Project ID field into Runtime Execute Setup, SQL Execute Setup and .Net Execute Setup windows.
- Updated Configuration Export/Import window to work with Projects including automatic selection of linked resources.
- Updated Project Setup window to allow export of project and all linked resources.
- Updated Setup Backup and Restore window to include Project Setup table.
Trigger Setup Enhancements
- Added New Trigger Type of Login and Logout Event to the Trigger Setup window.
- Added New Trigger Type of Scheduled Event with Daily, Weekly and Monthly Types and additional options to Trigger Setup window.
- Improved Trigger Script exception handling to avoid errors stopping trigger actions from running.
- Added option to perform trigger actions when script has failed to execute or when condition is not met.
- Improved Script Find and Replace functionality to include initially selected text if it matches the find text.
- Fixed Timed Process and Scheduled Process triggers to remove entry from Timed Process Queue when stopping.
- Added option to email captured logs as a zip file when a logging Trigger fires and condition met.
- Added Exported record xml file and Exported table xml file to zip file when captured by a Trigger.
- Added lines written using MBS_Auto_Log helper function into the body of the email generated by a Trigger.
- Hides the Process Monitor window when unregistering timed or scheduled processes so it does not flicker on screen.
New Helper Functions
- Added MBS_Runtime_Execute_Background to execute Dexterity scripts in the background queue.
- Added MBS_Runtime_Execute_Delayed to execute Dexterity scripts delayed (after foreground queue).
- Updated Helper Functions window to support MBS_Runtime_Execute_Background and MBS_Runtime_Execute_Delayed.
- Added MBS_SQL_Lookup and MBS_Form_Lookup helper functions to provide custom lookup functionality to scripts.
- Added MBS_SQL_Lookup_Parameter and MBS_Form_Lookup_Parameter helper functions to provide custom lookup functionality to scripts is settings for predefined Parameter Lists.
- Added MBS_SQL_Results helper function to display results of SQL queries in a window with export facilities.
- Added MBS_DUOS_Set, MBS_DUOS_Get, MBS_DUOS_Del, and MBS_DUOS_DelAll Helper Functions to simplify storage of data in the Dynamic User Object Store (SY90000) DUOS table.
Database Validation Enhancements
- Added Batch Activity and System Activity tables in clean up code for users and companies in Database Validation.
- Added option to generate passwords when recreating logins for Fix Users function of Database Validation.
- Added Database Validation Passwords report to display users and their generated passwords.
Added window to allow selection of users to remove SQL Logins to force login and password to be recreated.
XML Export and Import Enhancements
- Added extra error handling for XML_Write_Passed and XML_Read_Passed used by Security Profiler.
- Added Find a Window menu option to open built-in Find a Window dialog (for GP 2013 or later).
- Rename Automatic Debugger Mode and associated windows to Automatic Trigger Mode and Trigger Setup and Status.
- Added direct menu selections for individual tabs of the Administrator Settings window.
- Updated menu navigation to simplify GP Power Tools module breakdown.
- Added Redisplay Button to Configuration Maintenance window.
- Updated Splitter controls on multiple windows so that it did not overwrite the status field underneath.
- Fixed Upgrade registration message by re-enabling Dynamics.set launch file re-ordering to ensure product manager is above GP Power Tools.
For more information and download links, please see the GP Power Tools Portal page:
You can also look at the GP Power Tools pages on the Winthrop Development Consultants and Mekorma sites:
Please post your feedback as comments on this article or using the GP Power Tools Feedback Survey on what you think of this build and what you would like to see in the future.
Thanks to the beta testers, especially Robert Cavill and Beat Bucher for putting the code through its paces and providing lots of valuable feedback. Thanks also to the team at Mekorma, who assisted with testing and getting the build released.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.