We will be running Introduction to GP Power Tools in the morning and Advanced GP Power Tools Tricks and Tips in the afternoon of Monday 9th October 2017.
While the training is divided into two classes, it recommended to attend both. The morning session is a preferred pre-requisite for the afternoon session as it will be expected that GP Power Tools will be installed and configured.
The morning class will be covering the Installation, System Features and the Administrator Tools module. The Afternoon class will be covering the Database Tools and Developer Tools modules.
Below are details of the two classes:
Introduction to GP Power Tools
GP Power Tools (earlier versions known as the Support Debugging Tool) is a powerful suite of tools to help you support, administer and customize your Microsoft Dynamics GP system.
This workshop introduces the user level (standard mode) features of the tools such as; identifying resources (windows, tables, fields, etc.), resolving application security issues, setting up deny based security, capturing screenshots and logs, troubleshooting the cause of an issue, controlling Dex.ini settings and even avoiding issues by color coding companies.
David Musgrave, the original developer, will guide you through the installation process and use of the tools. You will learn what the recommended configuration is and how to set up the tools to get the most out of it.
This session will cover the System features and Administrator Module of GP Power Tools and is a must for those wanting to also attend the Advanced workshop.
- Installing GP Power Tools.
- Setting up GP Power Tools to get the most out of it.
- Identifying dictionary resources and security objects.
- Capturing Screenshots and logs from the system.
- Reviewing and changing security access.
- Using Deny Based Security to control security and hide menus.
- Troubleshooting issues with customizations.
- Centrally controlling Dex.ini settings.
- Usability features such as Company Color Themes and Window Position Memory.
Advanced GP Power Tools Tricks and Tips
GP Power Tools (earlier versions known as the Support Debugging Tool) is recognized by system administrators and consultants as a valuable tool that eases the task of administering Microsoft Dynamics GP.
In this advanced workshop, we build upon the foundation from the introduction workshop and look further into the administrator level (advanced mode) features of the tools. We will look into the scripting and programming capabilities of the tools, showing how it can be used to customize the system and fix issues. Also, we will explore the Database Validation feature to understand how this will help ensure your system is in “tip top” shape and so avoid upgrade issues.
David Musgrave, the original developer, will guide you through practical, hands-on examples using a variety of scripting languages including SQL, Dexterity and now C# and VB.Net. Don’t worry if you don’t have experience with, we can guide you through.
This session will cover the Database and Developer Modules of GP Power Tools. The System features and Administrator Module of GP Power Tools are covered in the Introduction workshop.
- How to use Database Validation to fix potential upgrade problems before they occur.
- How to export and import data as XML files.
- How to use Advanced Trigger Mode to track down issues.
- How to use triggers to create customizations.
- How to write scripts in a variety of scripting languages.
- How to create user interfaces to your scripts with parameter lists.
- How to create custom report writer functions to retrieve data from any source.
The above agendas are a guideline and might be re-organised to fit additional topics if time allows.
Click on the image below to register:
Hope to see you there. I know that everyone who has attended these sessions before has learnt lots and really enjoyed the day.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.