After the release of Build 28 of GP Power Tools, we have been getting some amazing feedback from customers and partners who are pushing the GP Power Tools to its limits and exploring all the cool things they can do.
We have decided to release hotfix build 28.2 which includes some enhancements and fixes based on the feedback.
Build 28.2 of GP Power Tools is available for the following Microsoft Dynamics GP versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and GP 2013 R2 (v12.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 and GP 2015 R2 (v14.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and GP 2016 R2 (v16.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 and GP 2018 R2 (v18.0)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.2)
The build 28.2 hotfix includes the following changes:
- Updated Password Reset Emails to escape special characters in usernames and passwords when sending HTML based emails.
- Updated Website Settings window to add option to hide Homepage Intelligent Cloud Insights website entirely.
- Changed New users to show their homepage by default rather than Intelligent Cloud Insights.
- Updated Product Version Validation window to increase its default window size.
- Updated Prevent Users accessing system until login processes have completed, dialog can be clicked on to close and reopen to refocus to system dialogs.
- Added option to Administrator Settings window to disable write access checks on Temp, Data and Logging folders for when the checks cause issues with App-V environments.
- Added option to Administrator Settings window to clean up activity records for disconnected users before login. This can unlock stuck batches and locked windows automatically.
- Fixed SQL Login Maintenance window not sending Password Reset Emails when only resetting the password without changing password policies.
- Fixed Dynamic Product Selection handling for Power Users when the Modified Alternate ID has the resource is set to the original version of a window or report.
The same changes have been added to the build 28.0 beta code for the upcoming version:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Modern Lifecycle (v18.3)
Please download and update your systems. You can just install over the top of the existing installation, but must update all workstations and servers which have Dynamics GP installed at the same time.
This article was originally posted on http://www.winthropdc.com/blog.